You are here: Home Conservatory Roofs
Replacement Conservatory Roofs
Insulated Glass Roofs
Pilkington Activ™ Blue is an attractive blue glass that combines dual-action, self-cleaning properties with medium solar control performance helping to create a cooler internal environment which can be used all year round.
Pilkington Activ™ Bronze is an alternative option to the popular blue body tinted glass.
Glass from the Pilkington Activ™ Range can be used in a variety of commercial and residential applications, including doors, windows,
roof-lights, glass facades, conservatories and orangeries. Its self-cleaning properties make it ideal for use in hard-to-reach places that are difficult to clean.
Over the past decade the increase in popularity of glass roofs in conservatories and orangeries has led to glass from the Pilkington Activ™ Range being the ideal solution to create an additional living area that can be utilised all year round. The unique colour helps to keep internal temperatures cooler whilst still maintaining excellent light transmittance, low light reflection and high energy absorption.
For optimum self-cleaning and thermal performance, Pilkington Activ™ Blue and Pilkington Activ™ Bronze can be combined with a glass from the Pilkington K Glass™ Range or Pilkington Optitherm™ Range in an Insulating Glass Unit.
How It Works
The unique dual-action self-cleaning coating is located on the external pane of glass.
The coating has revolutionary photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties, and works in two stages:
Stage 1 - The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
Stage 2 - When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaking.
Easy Frame Supalite Roofs
When choosing a SupaLite replacement or new conservatory roof, you will be choosing the only lightweight tiled roof system available with a structurally built in matching soffit and fascia system.
This was a fundamental design feature. This achieves the look of a real extension to your home and can even be fitted with LED patio lighting for security and added style to match your garden lighting. This optional lighting will most definitely add the wow factor to your property.
10 Reasons to choose your new SupaLite roof
- SupaLite roofs will retain warmth in the winter months of November to March
- SupaLite roofs will keep your conservatory incredibly cool on sunny days even in direct sunlight
- SupaLite roofs are virtually burglar proof and the roofing tiles cannot be easily removed
- SupaLite roofs will eliminate any leaks experienced with lightweight polycarbonate roofs
- SupaLite roofs will eliminate noise from rain, wind and wildlife (birds)
- SupaLite roofs will eliminate almost all glare experienced with polycarbonate or glass roofs
- SupaLite roofs will eliminate any need to climb ladders for cleaning dirty roofs
- SupaLite roofs provides you with a safe & cosy space capable of being used 365 days per year.
- SupaLite roofs are designed and tested to the standards demanded by the LABC
- SupaLite roofs will allow you to FALL IN LOVE with your tired old conservatory again.
The finishing touches to your SupaLite roof will add a great deal to the enjoyment you will have for years to come. Lighting and ventilation
will pay a major part in the daily use of your conservatory so we offer the following finishes.
FAKRO® ROOF VENTS
Roof lights and roof ventilation have been in popular use for the past 150 years. High quality materials and state of the art production techniques enable FAKRO® to ensure excellent quality control and create durable, safe and functional roof windows that, together with their unrivalled insulation properties, are breaking new ground in roof window design and construction.
The FTT highly-energy efficient roof windows have been designed taking into account the stringent requirements of passive construction. This specialized and innovative design provides excellent performance by ensuring high efficiency of thermal energy.
With a choice of internal lighting types to select from, we will provide you with the lighting of your choice which can be fitted in the ridge bulkhead or a newly installed lighting pelmet which will be plaster finished to match the interior of your roof as a whole.
The unique design of the SupaLite roof incorporates an external fascia and deep soffit. Many customers choose external LED's to be fitted into the soffit creating a feature that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing in the evenings. With long life and low running costs the external LED's can be left on all night in areas where security is needed.
All lighting is installed by fully qualified and insured NiCEIC qualified electricians and will be covered with our business comprehensive warranty.
Secure window features a range of innovative solutions which makes it more burglary resistant. The window is fitted with laminated and burglary-resistant P2A glazing, new system preventing glazing removal and handle with a lock.
Precisely designed flashing details ensure a durable and neat fit with the roofing material used. The purpose of flashing is to ensure good drainage away from the window and to provide protection from the elements. As there are many roofing materials available, FAKRO® offers a range of flashing solutions.
All flashings are manufactured using aluminium as standard, permanently protected with a polyester varnish. The standard colour is brown RAL 7022, which match well with most roofing finishes.
- Metrotile's are up to 7 times lighter than traditional roofing materials
- A Metrotile lightweight roof places significantly less weight and stress on
supporting structures and foundations
- Lightweight tiles are more efficient to transport resulting in reduced cost and lower
- A Metrotile roof generates no more noise than a roof built from traditional materials
- Metrotile's are tested to withstand the most extreme weather conditions
- Metrotile's can be used on pitches as low as 10 degrees
- Each tile is pressed from the highest drawing quality steel for unparalleled strength
and higher performance
- Every installation comes with a unique 40 year weatherproof guarantee
- A Metrotile roof needs virtually no maintenance once installed
- All Metrotile's meet British and European Standards
- Each tile is 100% recyclable
Why Tapco Slate
For centuries, slate roofing has been desired for its durability and beauty. With authentic
surfaces and edges, Tapco Slate highlights the handsome character of slate, at the same
time enhancing roof performance through innovative design. Unlike natural slate, Tapco
Slate won't break or delaminate and comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
BBA Certified Tapco Slate gives you the power to evoke both historical elegance and
outstanding modern-day style. Our slates are created with moulds cast from real slate
to capture genuine peaks, plateaus and curves. Colour-through design and UV stabilisation
ensure “stay-true” richness for traditional colours such as Pewter Grey, Plum, bold tones
like Brick Red and unique selections such as Moss Green and Grey/Black blended tiles.
Tapco Slate Mixes are another feature of our unique colour choices, they deliver
uncommon elegance through boldly-appealing multiple colours to turn your roof into a
work of art.
- SupaLite gives an incredible u-value of 0.18, that meets total building regulations.
- Lightweight aluminium fully structural frame with frame connector system for when new windows or doors are to be fitted to a new or existing building.
- Choice of tile and slate colours, all tiles are tried and tested for many years in USA, Canada and Australia, giving you total peace of mind in extreme weather conditions.
- 25 year guarantee on tiles with a life expectancy of over 40 years.
- Large roof vents are available to allow in maximum light.
- Full range of colour matching fascias, soffits and gutters to suit your choice of windows.
- Choice of internal ceiling finishes (plaster or tongue & groove timber effects).
- Easy to install to existing conservatory frames.